Zen Cart SaleMaker
The savings people make are a powerful factor when considering whether to buy or not (and also whether to come back for something else or not). Zen Cart has its own policy for reducing prices. One of the helpful techniques this shopping cart offers is the possibility to create discounts that are applied to entities belonging to predefined categories or the entire catalog at once.
You can put the items on sale with a few simple clicks using Zen Cart Salemaker functionality. Sales items display inside the regular product listings and can only be found if the customer goes to these listings. Sales are not applied to attributes, just to products.
How to Add Sale?
Store Manager for Zen Cart also offers the ability to add and manage products discounted price with the help of Sale Maker functionality available in Store section of Ribbon menu.
After you open this section, in the main menu you will see buttons you can use in order to add, edit or remove sales, force their list to refresh an column width to adjust.
Let’s see what information you have to input, when planning to put your goods on sale:
- Active - this box serves to enable or disable particular sale from your list;
- Last status modified - serves for internal purposes and let’s the owner know when the sale was activated or turned off;
- Sale name - the meaningful title of the promotion;
- Deduction - the reduction value should be specified here.
- Type - using this option you can make percentage or amount discount off the original price as well as completely new price set.
- Product price range - here you can differentiate to products with what prices can obtain the additional discount. For example, this is useful when you want to reduce price of more expensive goods only and those of lower price leave as they are. Thus, you can indicate start price of products as well as maximum cost of products to which this discount will be applied.
- If a product is special - this option serves to define what to do if the products already has special price applied. It is possible to ignore existing special price and apply sale deduction, ignore sale and leave special as the way to reduce price or apply sale to special price.
- Start&Finish date - indicate time period during the sale is available.
- Date added&Last modified - these fields are set by default and serve for internal use only.
- Applied to - you can apply the sale pro products from selected categories
Where are Sales Visible at Front-End?
Zen Cart does not display the discounted products with other visual cues other than showing the discounted price in red, next to original price crossed. So why to use exactly sales? They are very helpful when you need to reduce price for multiple products at once, rather than applying special price to each individual item in your catalog.
No additional settings required. Put your items on sale and receive more orders with Store Manager for Zen Cart -