Zen Cart Direct Database Connection Settings
Online merchants get access to Zen Cart data only having set up connection to the database. Database can be reached using one of three connection kinds namely direct connection, bridge and direct through HTTP tunnel.
This article outlines the process of direct connection configuring. How does it function? Whenever you work on direct and implement some changes or input new entities, modifications will be applied instantly while bridge connection requires merchants to accomplish get and post data actions each time alterations should be implemented.
Zen Cart database connection of any type might be set up either manually or via applicable connection wizard.
Connection Wizard Steps Review
The wizard can be started either from Preferences -> Database Connection or Settings -> Connection Wizard. This utility arranges connection setting up within several steps.
Opening window stands for mode selection, that is you should choose between simple and advanced methods. Advanced mode requires more details to be provided and lets you select what exactly type of connection to be established.
What should average Zen Cart store owner proceed with, if advanced mode is chosen?
- Once you click on advanced mode selection, the wizard will automatically transfer you to subsequent step. Since you might need to alter current store configuration, Store Manager offers two options, either create new or change settings for existing one.
- Afterwards FTP details are required. Input specifications on this step and expand advanced settings area on condition to set some specific parameters if there comes the necessity.
- Your Zen Cart store link should be specified in this window. If it has not been revealed automatically, your task is to specify web shop address.
- Possible database connection patterns are displayed in this window. Opt for direct connection options and forthcoming window of Zen Cart Store Manager connection instrument will appear. Define host address and port or use autodetect functionality. Resort to Test Host Address functionality to verify info.
- When you turn to the forthcoming stage, you will get database username and password automatically designated. In order to verify database login details correctness, fall back upon Test database login button.
- Similarly you have to prove database name and table prefix in the succeeding window of connection wizard instrument.
- The settings being specified, wizard will lead to the step, where store configuration name must be indicated.
- View connection details in the final window.
Traditional Method of Configuration Appending
There are users that may prefer manual configuration setup. What should be done in such a case?
- Switch to Database Connection section in Preferences.
- Decide on configuration name.
- Select this configuration in the dropdown.
- Check radio button for direct connection.
- Designate required direct connection to Zen Cart database parameters in the fields below.
Contact our support team if some question concerning database connection occur - support.emagicone.com