Zen Cart – Import Products Wizard
Having started Zen Cart e-Commerce you should have an ability to perform fast and successful Zen Cart import, as it’s a pledge of well-timed and resultative store content updating.
With Store Manager for Zen Cart Import/Export Wizard you will be able to update your database by selecting appropriate actions at every step of Zen Cart import from .csv.
Before you start Zen Cart import product procedure, you have to pay attention to the following aspects:
- remember, that the results of Zen Cart import depend on the accuracy of data arranging in the .csv file, you are going to import. Make sure all the fields are included and arranged in a proper way
- if you intend to import Zen Cart images, set up FTP connection
- in case you saved import configuration before, you can use it
- by means of Zen Cart import from .csv you can upload new products with descriptions, as well as update already existing ones
Having completed all the preparations, you can launch Import/Export Wizard to perform Zen Cart import product. Find corresponding button in “Store” section, in the products context menu or on the products toolbar, press it and Import/Export Wizard window will appear.
- In this window you need to select the import option and click “Next” button to proceed with Zen Cart import from .csv.
- On this step you have to choose the file which will be imported. Specify source type and file name (you can use browse button to select the file from your PC). As it was mentioned above, you can load import settings, once you have them saved. Press “Next” to continue Zen Cart import from .csv
- On this step of Zen Cart import you need to choose delimiter and quote character. These values should be the same like in your .csv file, otherwise the data won’t be parsed successfully. CSV File Preview window below allows you to check whether you have chosen appropriate values.
- Next step of Zen Cart import is dedicated to Zen Cart images import. If you need to upload images, you have to specify information required. If you are going to import local images, give full image path. Images names should be specified in .csv file. In case you need to import remote images, URLs also should be given in the file.
- This step of Zen Cart import from .csv foresees assigning of .csv columns to database fields. Choose products identification method so that Store Manager could determine whether the products you are going to import already exist in the database and need to be updated or added as new ones.
- Product have been not imported yes. On the step of Preview import you can see how .csv file was processed using import settings, which you specified at previous steps.
- Pay attention to Import options, as they can influence Zen Cart import of product results. Choose appropriate import method depending on which operation over Zen Cart products you need to perform - add and modify, add only, modify only, just add. Press “Import” button.
Zen Cart import .csv is an obligatory part of successful Zen Cart updating and gaining profitable outcomes. That’s why mistakes rising is inadmissible. Store manager for Zen Cart ensures smooth and resultative Zen Cart import from .csv.