Import Orders Wizard
Zen Cart order import/export is perfect solution in case if you need to transfer to another shop and avoid any loss of Zen Cart order data. You can also make use of the procedure when you want to export an existing orders, make changes, and then import them back into the database. For instance, if you by chance process a canceled order via your payment processoer, before it has been canceled, the Status may get temporarily set to “Processing.” You can fix this by exporting the order, setting the Status to “canceled,” and then reimporting the order back applying changes.
Zen Cart import will be also helpful in case you also have call-center operating where your customers can order goods from your store right on the phone. This way at the end of each day you most likely will have the pile of orders you need to be inputted to your Zen Cart in order to keep all the information in one place. Thus, having the information in the file, you can easily input upload it in bulk.
Store Manager for Zen Cart makes the procedure much more approachable. It has useful option to match columns you have in your file to database fields responsible for Zen Cart order information to be applied correctly. It is especially useful when you move data from one platform to another or have data file in other format than default Zen Cart.
Lets see how the procedure of order upload is performed by means of Zen Cart order import/export wizard of Store Manager. It requires a few steps to take:
1) Run Import/Export wizard from Ribbon menu or choosing the option on the toolbar.
2) Select the file with Zen Cart order information from the place where it is saved at your computer using “Browse” button. In case you have performed the same kind of import previously and saved settings before, you can load them and use for current import.
3) The next step allows you to preview the data listed in your spreadsheet and make sure that correct file was selected.
4) Further you have to indicate delimiters used in your file to separate out different columns and data within them. This is required for proper parsing of your file.
5) The following step is extremely important. As was mentioned above, here you can link the fields present in your .csv file to the database fields of Zen Cart. In case your column names are the same as database field names, you can use “Auto link” button.
Note: in case you see that your data are gathered in one column on the right, please, return to the previous steps and check for delimiters indicated.
6) Base formats and separators window serves for setting date and separators for numeric values of your file. There are set by default.
7) Once again preview the settings made at the previous step to make sure that everything was applied correctly. Moreover, if there are any errors, you can see them pressing “Show errors” button. This way you can check and correct out faults in settings before Zen cart import itself.
8) Additionally you can set import options. You can add and modify orders, append only new and do not update existing or vice versa or add orders without check-up for existing (in this case only new unique orders should be adder or there will be Zen Cart order duplicates). Here you can also save settings you have made in import configuration and apply them next time you need to do the procedure.
After you hit “Import” button, you will see progress bar informing you how many items were uploaded or updated and how much time is it left till the process is to end.
9) Finally, on finish step Zen Cart order import/export wizard you will see the results log with information how many entities were added, modified and whether there occurred any errors.
Check other possibilities Store Manager for Zen Cart possesses reading the offered articles -