Zen Cart Import Products from QuickBooks
Tofrom QuickBooks to your online store, follow several steps of the wizard:
2. Import options may affect results. Please read and check your selection carefully.
The first option allows you to connect to your QuickBooks database.
- If QuickBooks is running right now, select first option to connect to your data.
- In other case, you can connect to its data file (.qbw), just browse the one you need to proceed.
- Create and Modify - will add new product if it is not available in database yet and modify those products that were found
- Create Only - will only create new items and will not modify existing if found (only add new products)
- Modify Only - will only update existing products and will not add new entries, even if new products were not found in Shopping Cart
Get QuickBooks Item Types option allows you to import: Inventory Part, Non-Inventory Part, Service and/or Other Charge from QuickBooks to Store Manager.
Update the following Products Fields: Select if you need to update product name, price, quantity and/or description. Update Empty fields option - when enabled updates online store database with data from QuickBooks as is, for example if some product have empty product description, import will delete description in your online store database if one.
Default category. If category name is specified here, Store Manager will create entire category tree for a product. If there's no "category name" column (in .csv) or it is not assigned, all products will be imported to a category specified as Default. If default category is not specified and there's no other way to determine which category products should be imported into, program will create "Default category" and place all new products there.
Import Product Code as - specify which database field will be imported as product name (item name or Item Name ID).
3. All products listed in the "Import Preview Data" will be imported to Store. You can use native grid filters (click on column captions) and sorting to filter or rearrange records. Filters will affect result data.
Attention! Import process will start, when you press "Import" Button! Proceed only if all settings are made, otherwise press "Back" Button and check settings once more!
Important: We strongly recommend you to make full before any mass changes.
4. On the last step you can see detailed import log - the list of created/modified items imported product list and errors if any.