Zen Cart Export Products to QuickBooks
Note: If you have Windows Vista, you should run Store Manager without admin privileges.
Toto QuickBooks follow several steps of the wizard:
1. Select Export Products to QuickBooks option and click next to proceed.
2. Export Preview allows you to filter your data by any parameter. Note that all Products listed here will be exported to QuickBooks. You can use native greed filters (click on column headings) and sorting in order to filter or rearrange products. Filters will affect the result of export.
3. Export options may affect results. Please read and check your selection carefully.
The first option allows you to connect to your QuickBooks database.
- If QuickBooks is running right now, select first option to connect to your data.
- If QuickBooks is off, you can connect to its data file (.qbw) anyway, just browse the one you need to proceed.
Also note that you may need to allow access from QuickBooks integration plugin to QuickBooks. Please check if Quick Books asks any confirmation (it will popup automatically if needed) and proceed.
- Create and Modify - will add new product if it is not available in database yet and modify those products that were found
- Create Only - will only create new items and will not modify existing if found (only add new products)
- Modify Only - will only update existing products and will not add new entries, even if new products were not found in Shopping Cart
- Set Default tax - when enabled, allows you to set default tax type specified below for exported products.
- Taxable item code - specify tax code that will be assigned to taxable products. If taxable item code list is empty, click "Get tax items" to retrieve existing from QuickBooks.
- Export Products as Type - select product type from the list for exported products
- Export Product as - specify which database field will be exported as item name (product name or product model). Also you can specify Max length for item name in the corresponding field
- Accounts - specify account that will be assigned to items. If Accounts list is empty, click "Get Accounts" button to retrieve existing accounts from QuickBooks
- In order to refresh/get item list from QuickBooks, use "Fill Items List" button.
- In order to map the same products automatically, use "Auto Fill" button.
- Clear mapping button allows you to clear mapping for selected items.
- In order to show items description, enable corresponding check-box.
4. Map Products step allows you to map products from your Store to appropriate items from QuickBooks either automatically or manually.
In order to map products manually, simply click on any store product field and select one from the drop-down.
Attention! Export process will start, when you press "Export" Button! Proceed only if all options are set correctly, otherwise press "Back" Button and check all once more!
5. On the last step you can see detailed export log - the list of created/modified items exported product list and errors if any.
6. After that you can check the result in QuickBooks