Zen Cart store running does not go without timely customer data arranging. Customers management is the way, businesses keep track of customer information and survey their customer base. Oftentimes Zen Cart users need to modify or add some details on clientele. To streamline customers management and make it maximally convenient, resort to Store Manager for Zen Cart application.
Store Manager helps you develop flexible and workable system of data handling. It comprises full toolkit for customer management in corresponding Customer section. To alter customer details double click on target Zen Cart customer or highlight needed customer and press “Edit customer” button on the toolbar or in the context menu.
All the amendments needed will be implemented within window that opens. It incorporates four tabs - General, Company/Address, Other, Extra Fields. General tab foresees you to specify general information on your clientele and includes the following fields:
- First Name, Last Name, Date of Birth - designate customer personal details in these fields;
- Gender - indicate customer gender;
- E-mail - indicate new customer e-mail in this field;
- Phone - input customer phone number, so that any time you will be able to get in touch with your client;
- Password - define set of characters (letters or numbers) this very customer will use to log in your Zen Cart website;
- Newsletter - enable this option if you want customers to receive e-mail notifications on news at your store
Company/Addresses tab requires you to designate addresses data. Fill in Company, Street Address, City, State, customer First and Last Name, etc.
Information, Other tab lists, is being generated automatically and conveys details on date, current account was created, last time it was modified, how many times the customer logged on your Zen Cart website and when was the last log on. Once you enable Global Product Notification option, your customer will receive e-mail notification about any price changes.
At times it may take time to find necessary customer, especially when you have vast amount of clientele. Store Manager for Zen Cart bypasses these inconveniences, making it possible to find a customer via product search form or using filter functionality. It is possible to find a client specifying parameters in customer search form or filtering customers by columns headings.
Whenever you stand in need of mass Zen Cart customers altering, you may find it rather cumbersome to modify customers manually one by one. Bulk customer update procedure can be carry out when importing customer data to Zen Cart via built-in customer import wizard.
To efficiently append customer information to Zen Cart you should pay heeds to file structure and meticulously proceed with every data transfer step, in particular:
- indicate name of the file, customer information will be uploaded from;
- designate correct values to separate records in the file;
- properly associate .csv file columns to Zen Cart database fields;
- point out apt import method.
Store Manager for Zen Cart application gives you multiple avails in web store administrating. Read related article to learn how to import Zen Cart customers with Store Manager solution - http://www.zencart-manager.com/useful-articles/customers/import-customers-wizard