Zen Cart – Edit Category
Beneficial Zen Cart store running does not go without setting fully customizable Zen Cart catalog, embracing multiple products, Zen Cart categories and subcategories. Thus, efficient store categories management is one of the key elements of web store development win-to-win scheme.
Store Manager for Zen Cart application contributes to creating and maintaining hierarchical Zen Cart categories tree, what will allow store browsers to readily find the item needed.
The application allows web merchants to proceed with Zen Cart categories adding, editing and deleting operations, offering corresponding options on categories toolbar.
Not infrequently you stand in need of changing some category associated data, e.g. store category image, description, etc. For that you can make use of Store Manager category edit option. Press the button on the toolbar to derive “Edit category data” window.
The window appeared contains three tabs - English, Other, Extra Fields. In “English” section you can modify the following data:
- Parent category - indicate category that will be parent for current category or make this category top-level (no parent Zen Cart category)
- Category name - input name of the category, as it will be displayed at the front-end
- Image - this option foresees adding of an image to the category specified. It’s possible to:
- Sort order - change the position of current category in Zen Cart category tree (by default categories are listed alphabetically)
- Status - checking this box, you are setting category status as “Enabled”. Along with it you can change status of Zen Cart products placed in this category to in stock or out of stock
- Meta title, Meta description, Meta keywords - input meta information for selected Zen Cart category
1.choose a picture from local folder
2.upload an image placed remotely (browse FTP folders)
3.use image resize rules to change an image size if needed
To upload Zen Cart category image you need to configure FTP settings.
“Other” tab of category edit form displays category ID, date added and date it was modified last time.
“Extra Fields” tab gives you a possibility to handle extra fields, like Zen Cart categories status, description, etc.
It’s possible to edit information in HTML editor window called by pressing corresponding button on the bottom of the page.
To apply changes brought to Zen Cart category press Ok button.
Store Manager for Zen Cart ensures flawless Zen Cart catalog arranging for those wen merchants who are planning to build far-seeing store. Edit Zen Cart categories and data referred to them easily via Store Manager “Edit Category Data” window.
Store Manager functional capabilities do not end at this - read the article to learn how to upload file with categories to Zen Cart store database - http://www.zencart-manager.com/useful-articles/category-management/import-categories-wizard