Zen Cart Database Backup and Restore
Zen Cart store running does not go without constant operations over store data performing. You should regularly update product catalog, import new merchandise, add multiple images to Zen Cart products and so on. These operations are inalienable and at the same time impact on overall Zen Cart database.
Since each and every bulk operation can be accompanied with inaccuracies and malfunctions, you are supposed to prevent them and keep your data safe. Consequently, accomplishing Zen Cart backup and restore procedures is a must. Having a backup file set before anything goes wrong is one of the most important tasks you should undertake as responsible web merchant.
Backup of Zen Cart database is actually the process of data copying and storage with the aim to recover it on condition that original information is lost or damaged. Store Manager for Zen Cart ensures accurate and consistent data backup and restore, accomplished with Database Backup/Restore wizard.
Zen Cart Backup
As it was mentioned above, backup is being carried out with the wizard, available under Tools tab of main menu. Having selected backup options, you will be automatically transferred to the following wizard window. The settings, you are to proceed with, are described below.
- Name of the file, data will be backed up to, must be specified in this window.
- On this step of Zen Cart backup you can specify what exactly fields must be saved. It is possible to use filters and select product related tables, order related tables or customer related tables. You may use filter options or check boxes for fields to be backed up.
- The succeeding wizard window offers you backup options. If you want to do backup of database structure only, you must check the corresponding box. Note, if you activate this option, no data will be saved, only database tables. In case you have special requirements and need to back up files, check the second box. It will definitely slow down the process.
- Click on Backup button to start the procedure.
Zen Cart Restore
When you need to recover Zen Cart database, you are to proceed with these simple operations.
- Launch Database Backup/Restore wizard, as it is described above, but select database restore option at start.
- Specify the file containing data to be restored. It is possible to load settings saved previously and use them for data recovery.
- Preview database script on this step of Zen Cart restore.
- Opt for necessary database backup option and click on Restore to commence on the procedure.
Automated Database Backup
If you want backup process to run automatically without your interference, use Automated Backup feature of Store Manager for Zen Cart. Backup procedures will be accomplished autonomously at definite time, according to schedule task you have created. In order to create the task, you should add backup configuration first. Then turn to scheduled task creating. In Add Task Scheduler window you must provide task name, configuration, on the basis of which backup will be accomplished, time and backup recurrence (monthly, daily, etc.).
Find more on Store Manager for Zen Cart functionality at http://www.zencart-manager.com